If you’re building a new home or embarking on an extensive home renovation project, the advice and services of a professional contractor are invaluable. Using a remodeling company will ensure that your project gets completed in a reasonable amount of time and is done correctly. Contractors coordinate all of the moving parts in complicated building and remodeling processes. They handle tasks that most people don’t even consider when starting a large project, such as hiring subcontractors, dealing with payments to vendors and purchasing materials. Finding and hiring a contractor who is right for your project is the key to it being done successfully. After some extensive research, we’ve compiled a list of our Top 5 Toledo remodel contractors and included specific details about how you can view photos of their previous work and reach them for more information below!
Best Remodeling Companies in Toledo
1. Greenworks Remodeling Phone: (419) 474-6330 | Facebook | Website
Greenworks Remodeling is a Toledo-based company that services kitchens, bathrooms and even the exterior parts of your home, including siding, roofing and windows. The company has been Better Business Bureau accredited since 2009 and has a rating of 3.67 stars out of 5 at the BBB. Visitors can get a free quote directly through the companies website by filling out a small form. If you need help renovating your kitchen or bathroom, the friendly people at Greenworks Remodeling are a great option!
2. Handy Hubby Remodeling Phone: (419) 754-1150 | Facebook | Website
Handy Hubby is a licensed, bonded and insured home remodeler in Toledo that specializes in kitchen, bathroom and basement remodeling services. The company has been serving the Toledo community for 20 years and prides itself on fine quality workmanship and conscientious service. They’ve been Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited since 2001 and have a rating of 5 stars out of 5 on the BBB website. Browse the Handy Hubby website to learn more the company, their financing options and to browse the photo gallery of their previously completed work!
3. A+ Home Improvements Phone: (419) 478-1542 | Facebook | Website
A+ Home Improvements has been servicing the greater Toledo, Ohio area since 2002 and specializes in kitchen and bathroom renovations. The company is licensed, bonded, insured, and operates under its parent company, A+ Building Maintenance which has has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for well over 10 years. They have testimonials, financing information, photos from previous jobs, and free consultation requests all available directly through their website!
4. CRD Construction Phone: (419) 954-3003 | Facebook | Website
CRD Construction offers a wide variety of remodeling services, including kitchen, bathroom, remodel design, decks, patios, siding, windows, home additions, roofing, and more. The company services both homes and businesses in Toledo, Maumee, Perrysburg, and Northwest Ohio. CRD Construction has been Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited since 2018 and has an A+ rating. If your project is requires expert remodelers, this company is for you! Visit their website to view pictures, request a quote, learn about financing, or read more about all of the different services they offer.
5. Rustbelt Remodeling Phone: (419) 405-5022 | Facebook | Website
Rustbelt Remodeling is a local handyman and remodeling company that services all of Monroe County. The company has over one dozen positive reviews on Google and offers both pictures and online quotes directly through their website. Renovation services offered by Rustbelt Remodeling include kitchen, bathroom, basement, and home addition. Handyman services offered include flooring, painting, cabinet installation, framing, drywall, tiling, and more. Rustbelt Remodeling is licensed and insured, plus they have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau!
Evaluating A Potential Contractor
Hiring a remodeling contractor doesn’t have to be stressful or intimidating. If you’re preparing to start a big kitchen or bathroom remodel, following the steps below can help you properly evaluate and choose the best company!
1. Read Reviews – There are many sources you can take advantage of to find company reviews on the web. Yelp is one and others include company Facebook pages and even Google. Before you hire a contractor, always do some research to see if previous clients were satisfied. If you can’t find any, ask them to provide you with some referrals to backup their work. Online reviews can easily filter out the worst Toledo contractors, so always include them in your new renovation plan!
2. Interview Multiple Contractors – Once you’ve narrowed your list down to only a few contractors that seam capable of doing the work, you’ll want to interview them. Ask questions as to whether or not they’ve ever taken on a project of this scale and if they feel confident in the ability to pull any necessary permits for the job. You should also ask how long they estimate this type of project will take to complete. As they respond to your questions, listen to their answers for confidence and professionalism. Since contractors will often be coming into your home, you want to choose someone that you’re comfortable with and who also seems capable of completing the work.
3. Get Quotes – Both government agencies and large businesses utilize quotes, estimates and bids before hiring a remodeling company to complete construction or renovation work on their properties, and you should too! Once you’ve completed an interview, it doesn’t hurt to ask anyone that you’re considering to provide a quote for the project. The quote should include the cost of materials for the remodel, as well as a price for the estimated number of labor hours. Remember, the lowest option might not be your best pick. Do your homework and try to factor in other important things, like experience previous work examples. Sometimes a larger upfront cost is worth it in the long run if it means a hassle-free transaction.
4. Put Everything In Writing – When dealing with a home remodel or renovation project, you don’t want to settle things over nothing but a handshake. Once you’ve settled on the contractor that you feel is the best fit, make sure to get the terms of their quote in a legally binding contract. The contract should include important details, like a payment schedule and the process that should be followed for making changes to your original project terms. The contract should also be signed by both parties and by doing so, it will give you an avenue for legal recourse in the event that something goes wrong. Keep in mind that true professionals will understand having terms in writing will provide the most protection for both parties involved.
5. Be Flexible – Remodel and renovation projects will never be an exact science. Even the most experienced contractors can run into unforeseen problems once they begin opening up walls. Along with that, things like weather and building material shortages may also slow down speedy progress. Homeowners should expect a little wiggle room in terms of budget and time frame. That being said, you should also have a limit. If the person you’ve hired continues to push the project aside for other ventures then you shouldn’t be afraid of finding someone else to finish the job.
How To Find A Renovation Company In Toledo, OH?
Remodeling projects can sound overwhelming when you begin to think about all of the little details. Thankfully, the contractors we’ve recommended above are each ready to turn that hassle into a pleasant journey! No matter how big or small your renovation project might be, all of the Toledo re-modelers we’ve listed should be able to assist you in getting the job completed. But, don’t forget about the important tips we mentioned when evaluating a remodeling company. Applying these when hiring someone will help you make the correct decision from the start which can save you both money and headaches. Never hesitate to call a contracting company and ask a question or two. If you’re searching for other methods of finding Toledo remodel contracting companies, then consider searching Google or checking the local newspaper.