Renovating your home is a major undertaking – one that requires careful planning, organizing and knowledge. Without the right contractor, you could end up with a botched project and an overall experience that is not positive. There are many different things you need to consider when searching for the right Toledo home renovation company, and our website should be able to assist you with that! An experienced contractor will be able to manage all of the moving parts happening with a home remodel, including subcontractor work, inspection approvals, obtaining permits, and other building requirements. We’ve tried to make finding a reliable home renovation expert simple by listing our Top 3 companies below. You can also find some important factors which you need to consider before hiring any company to handle your beautiful new home remodel!
Top 3 Toledo Home Remodeling Companies
1. Handy Hubby Remodeling Phone: (419) 754-1150 | Facebook | Website
Handy Hubby was established in 2000 and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The two owners have decades of experience in renovation, and they can handle everything from home maintenance to painting services and carpentry. They offer private consultations, custom designs, financing, and guarantee satisfaction. If you’re searching for one of the best small businesses to handle your home remodel, give Handy Hubby some consideration!
2. A+ Home Improvements Phone: (419) 478-1542 | Facebook | Website
A+ Home Improvements is part of a family of companies that has been serving Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan for over two decades. The parent company, A+ Home Improvements, has owned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for well over 10 years. A+ Home Improvements also belongs to several organizations, including Houzz, which backs up their reputation for great work. They offer financing and you can request a free personal consultation directly on their website!
3. Rustbelt Remodeling Phone: (419) 405-5022 | Facebook | Website
Rustbelt Remodeling provides handyman and remodeling services in Toledo and other surrounding areas, including Holland, Northwood, Swanton, and Waterville. The company is licensed, insured and has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. Rustbelt Remodeling also offers online quotes directly through the company website and guarantees satisfaction. They’re an ideal candidate for anyone needing basement finishing, home remodeling, painting services, and even cabinet installations!
Factors To Consider When Hiring A Remodeling Contractor
Knowing what to expect before you begin a new project and hiring a credible remodeling company with proven competence are the recipe for success. Listed below are some factors you should consider when hiring a home renovation company!
1. Years In Business – When researching home renovation companies you should always check how long they’ve been in business. The longer a company has been around, the more experience they will have. More established companies will also have larger portfolios of previous work for you to review. This doesn’t just tell you about their experience, but also how familiar they might be with your type of project!
2. Credentials – The different abbreviations you see behind a contractor’s name represent certifications earned from national trade organizations. These credentials indicate that a home renovation contractor adheres to the code of ethics set by the respective organizations. Some credentials you should watch for include Building Industry Association membership (BIA), Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), and Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS). If a contractor has earned any of these designations then you are most likely dealing with a reputable home remodeling company.
3. Regulatory Compliance – Always hire a licensed, insured and bonded contractor. Reputable contractors will always have insurance certificates and coverage for things like worker’s compensation and property damage. Verify that the certificates are recent because you could be held financially liable for any damages or injuries that occur if the contractor is not insured. Also, in some states, contractors must be licensed and bonded by law!
4. Project Management Process – Good contractors will work in collaboration with you, your designer, and construction management to achieve all of your remodeling objectives. Before you hire a contractor, ask about their project management process to ensure that you will receive premium quality work.
5. Customer Testimonials – You can save yourself a lot of hassle by reading customer reviews and testimonials before contracting a Toledo remodeling company to renovate your home. Trusted home contractors will want their positive reviews to be seen by people like you, so they aren’t normally hard to find. Visit the companies website, Facebook page or even try searching their name on sites like Yelp and Google. The more positive reviews you see, the more confident you can be!
Home Renovation Companies In Toledo
Designing a new kitchen or room addition can be the most exciting part of renovating, but choosing the right contractor is the most important. This is the person who will be tearing down walls and spending your money, so it’s extremely important that you like them and trust them enough to embark on this new remodeling journey together. We suggest spending some time researching the recommended Toledo home remodeling companies listed above, plus any others you might be considering. Don’t forget to consider all five of the factors we mentioned to ensure that you select the perfect contractor for your project!